A condensed Frankfurt architectural tour for business visitors and architects alike. This tour includes both visiting destinations within and outside of Frankfurt city center.
Tour start at the hotel, welcome and getting to know each other
The sightseeing can be started in the Europaviertel. On the 90 hectares of a former railway site, a new district is being built with apartments, offices, a park and a mall with a public roof garden, the Skyline Plaza.
First along the fairgrounds with the striking skyscraper of the German-American architect Helmut Jahn, the journey then leads through the Frankfurt Westend past historic turn-of-the-century villas and new company headquarters.
Through the skyscraper escape of Mainzer Straße the Hauptwache is reached, the central square of the Frankfurt shopping district. This is where the Palaisquartier with the newly built Palais des Thurn und Taxis, an office and a hotel tower and the shopping center MyZeil 'opened in 2009 by Massimiliano Fuksas was built. Architectural contrasts can be seen in the east of Frankfurt, where design and lifestyle companies have settled in and around old commercial buildings and factories.
On the Main, the tour leads along the new head office of the European Central Bank to the Museumsufer and the Römerberg, where between the historic town hall Römer and the cathedral the 2018 opened 'new old town' can be visited.
The tour ends at the Westhafen with a view to urban waterfront living and modern office architecture.
- duration: 6 hours
- Transport: Bus / walk
- Services: Experienced architect as guide, welcome in the hotel, reservations for food or coffee
- Languages: German, English, Dutch, Italian
- Group size: Max. 30 pax
- Price: 650 euros + 19% VAT
- Not included: Consumption, tickets and bus charter
- Material plan of AS & P
- Skyline Plaza (Jost Henning, Gisela Simon - Facade Jourdan & Müller)
- Tower One (Meurer architects)
- Grand Tower (Magnus Kaminiarz & Cie)
- Love, Arbor, Hope (Franken Architekten)
- Messeturm (Helmut Jahn)
- ING Diba (schneider + schumacher architects)
- Vista (Ksp Jürgen Engel Architects)
- Crown Tower (Kohn Pedersen Fox)
- MyZeil (Massimilliano Fuksas)
- Nextower (Ksp Jürgen Engel Architects)
- Flare of Frankfurt (Hadi Teherani)
- ECB (Coop Himmelb (l) au)
- Wholesale Market Hall (Martin Elsässer)
- Memorial Deportation (Architectural Office KatzKaiser)
- Restaurant / Cafe Oosten (Schubert & Seuss)
- Hafenpark (sinai, Faust.Scholl.Schwarz Freiraumplanung + Projektsteuerung GmbH)
- Osthafenbrücke (Ferdinand Heide Architects)
Hanauer Landstraße and Lindleystraße
- Audi dealership (Allmann Sattler Wappner)
- Lindleyquartier (KSP Jürgen Engel Architects, Franken Architects, Tectonics)
- Office building - (originally) JWThompson (schneider + schumacher architekten)
- BMW dealership (Dietz Joppien Architekten)
- Union Brewery grounds (Michael A. Landes Architects)
New old town
- Historical Museum [LRO Lederer Ragnarsdóttir Oei]
- Architect houses in the Saalgasse [various architects]
- Kunsthalle Schirn (Bangert Jansen Scholz and Schultes)
- Townhouse [MEURER architects with cba architectes, Luxembourg]