Architecture + Hiking – premiere in June 2022
Architecture + Hiking - the premiere was nicer than expected, with wonderful weather a combination of interesting wooden architecture and the Rhön from the most beautiful side was experienced for the BDB district group Gießen-Wetzlar.
- An excellent lecture on the current possibilities of timber construction in the impressive company building (structural architects) the Baumgarten company
- lunch at Fulda house on the Maulkuppe with a wide view of the Rhön and Wasserkuppe
- one-hour hike to Kleinsassen with a view of Milseburg and Vogelsberg
- Art, coffee and cake in the Kunststation Kleinsassen (art museum) (Sturm & Wartzeck Architects)
- Wooden architecture - an example of the company Baumgarten in the kindergarten Dipperz (Neumann architecture, Neuhof)
- End with Rhöner sausage, cheese and bread farm shop (Demeter quality) of the Lindengut in Dipperz
Thank you to everyone involved for your participation
Guided tours on the Frankfurt Reeperbahn – Summer 2022
The Frankfurt Reeperbahn - you think of red light, entertainment, gastronomy maybe also culture? This applies to Hamburg. Reeperbahn is the North German term for production facilities for ropes, called Seilerbahn in Frankfurt. The former is somewhat hidden between Sachsenhausen and Oberrad rope making of the traditional Frankfurt company Reutlinger can now be discovered, with art, culture, music, entertainment, gastronomy, only no red light, but a vision for urban coexistence. Use ours City events guided tours to get to know.
www.skylineatlas.de - We are pleased about the new cooperation partnership with the Skyline Atlas. This website offers an excellent overview of the Frankfurt skyscrapers, current information and articles on topics of high-rise construction - concepts-investors-architects-users - soon from me too www.skylineatlas.de/paul-martin-lied/
Further joint activities are planned: stay curious!
Le Corbusier in Oberhessen (Upper Hesse)
Currently published in the Deutsche Bauzeitschrift, July / August edition, the item 'Le Corbusier in Oberhessen'
The facts are known, but hardly anyone knows them - Le Corbusier in Laubach - which tempts alliteration, but actually it's still about Charles Edouard Jeanneret, who was a guest in Upper Hesse. An interview with Paul-Martin Lied was published in the Giessener Allgemeine Zeitung on May 29, 2021 under the title 'Memory of a Genius'
Through the Geschwister Klipstein Stiftung (Klipstein siblings foundation), which has already brought together a lot about Jeanneret's stays in Laubach, a reading from 'Yesterday and Today' Editha Klipstein, 1948, Laupheim Castle - chapter 'Memories of Le Corbusier' was held in the course of the hr2 culture day on May 30, 2021. Jeanneret's designs for a studio atrium house in Laubach can also be seen in the clip.
Reading on Jeanneret in Laubach - Youtube clip "Visions shared: memories of Le Corbusier" Part I: Laubach
Reading on Le Corbusier - Youtube clip "Visions shared: memories of Le Corbusier" Part III: Paris
More pieces of the puzzle for the 'Laubach episode' can be found in
- 'Le Corbusier Reise nach dem Orient', Guiliano Gresleri, 1991, Zurich - Le Corbusier's travelogue
- 'Klip and Corb on the road', Ivan Žaknić, 2019, Zurich - August Klipstein's travelogue with a reassessment of his influence on Le Corbusier
- 'Le Corbusier before Le Corbusier' published by Arthur Ruegg, Stanislaus von Moos, 2002, New York / Paris
- 'Le Corbusier's Formative Years: Charles-Edouard Jeanneret at La Chaux-de-Fonds', H. Allen Brooks, 1997 Chicago / London
Free architecture bike tour in Frankfurt am Main
A Architecture bike tour by Frankfurt parks, free to download to your smartphone.
Simply green - Greening the city - the current exhibition in DAM - German Architecture Museum is due to Corona reasons currently not accessible. Until it is that time again, the tour is suitable as an inventory of the Frankfurt greenery with as the end point, the building that is to become the first large-scale green residential building in Frankfurt.
Tour and exhibition now complement each other well, coincidentally, because the bike tour was organized by Frankfurt's cycling (leading) architects created at the suggestion of the creators of NXT-a, the nationwide Biking Architects tours have published on their website.
The tour is intended for those interested in architecture, cycling enthusiasts, newcomers to Frankfurt, but also architecture and Frankfurt connoisseurs who would like to try this almost circular tour. It leads largely in the green, around the center of Frankfurt but outside of the Anlagen- and Alleenring. A completion of the circuit from Osthafenpark, Campus Westend, Niddapark, Europagarten, Sommerhoffpark - Retour am Main is planned.
Our activities were mentioned on the internet
- The Architecture + wine + hiking offer in the Vacation in Germany section dabonline, the online presence of the Deutsches Architektenblatt
- The research on the Hahnwald Holiday Center at Kiedrich was on modern REGIONAL made public
Rheingau and electromobility
Tours with electric cars to modern architecture is the goal of the cooperation of Oliver Lapp / 100places www.100places.net and 'Frankfurts Führende Architekten'. Corona has slowed us down in this regard. The following three-part clip was created as a preliminary study on the topics of 'mobility, architecture and urban development': Sustainability in Eltville, the advantages of the VW ID3 and, with my participation: ideas for electric mobility in the countryside and impressions from the Rheingau, with a foretaste of tours like them on this site, on foot https://frankfurter-architektouren.de/touren/wein-und-architektur/ Tobe offered.
'Passing the pen' - a series of clips from the guiding-architects network on YouTube. 'The pen' has now also been passed to Frankfurt via Barcelona, London and Istanbul.
Check it out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ih53ABXWXxs
The 'Frankfurt' part was filmed by http://www.kakingkong.com/
Time for Mainz - architecture and wine
We offer new tours
- Architecture - Mainz + Wine Tours - see https://frankfurter-architektouren.de/touren/mainz-rheinhessen/
- Guided tours with the concrete artists - https://frankfurter-architektouren.de/touren/mainz-nachkriegszeit-wirtschaftsaufschwung/
- Classic modern architecture tours - see https://frankfurter-architektouren.de/mainz/
The tours can be booked for groups. After the Corona period, we will offer appointments for which individuals can also register. We are already happy to accept expressions of interest
firstname.lastname@example.org and inform you when the time comes.
TIME to travel! We are happy to be the tour guide for a ZEIT travel group to Frankfurt am Main. If you want to check it out: just book the trip!
Time to write! Gladly for you - It wouldn't be the first time: Project descriptions and assistance in the translation from Dutch and English for Erick van Egeraat associated architects, Rotterdam, project sheets for A-Z Architekten, Wiesbaden (http://www.a-z-architekten.de, Graphic by Peter Kohl http://www.peter-kohl.de/), Essay for the book of 3steps, Gießen (http://3steps.de/) - also various articles for the DBZ Deutsche Bauzeitschrift and the former website a-matter.
Completed - the DOM publishers Architecture Guide Metropolitan Region Frankfurt Rhein-Main
We will guide you to all destinations, on foot, by bike, bus, and possibly soon also with electric cars, and explain everything you need to know that no longer fits into the short texts of the book.
Nederlanders in Frankfurt
Hartelijk welkom op onze nieuwe website. Op dit moment is deze allee in het Engels beschikbaar, maar graag organiseren wij voor u rondleidingen in het Nederlands. Natuurlijk kunt u ons ook het Nederlands mailen of bellen. In principe zijn all rondleidingen the u op de website vindt in het Nederlands mogelijk.
We have het heel leuk vinden om u in Frankfurt te mogen te verwelkomen en rond te suffer.
Graag hear we van and YouTube clip